- 2 squash (yellow or green) diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. of ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- water (to your liking)
- 1 cup cheddar or Mexican cheese (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- bag of tortilla chips (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook squash in the oil for a few minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
3. In the same saucepan, cook the ground turkey until brown.
4. Lower heat to simmer. Stir in diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, pumpkin, chili powder. The chili will be thick.
5. Stir in a can filled with water. You can add more water if you prefer your chili to be more like soup.
6. Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes, until the chili is heated thoroughly.
7. Serve chili in a bowl, topped with cheese and sour cream, and tortilla chips on the side.
My husband and I like to eat the chili by using the tortilla chips as spoons. So good!
I hope your family enjoys pumpkin turkey chili as much mine does! Let me know what you think!