Pages

Little Ones Learning: Fall leaf foods!

Friday, October 4, 2013


No study of fall would be complete without some fun snacks and foods!  In my searches, I looked for foods that would be fun for preschoolers to make and eat.  I haven't tried any yet, but they are on my to do list for the weekend.  So, here they are!


Painted fall leaf toast from Having Fun at Home

This toast is so cute, and great for breakfast or a snack!  The post from Having Fun at Home suggests just painting the toast with food coloring, but I've also read that using a tiny bit of milk with the food coloring works too.  



Decorate fall leaf toast 

I found this photo from Pinterest, but it didn't link to a website.  (If anyone knows where it came from, let me know!) Cut out leaf-shaped toast and set out edible items for the kiddies to decorate it with.  Caramel, peanut butter, Nutella, apple chunks, sprinkles, raisins, and pretzels would all work well.  Sounds fun!



IMG_0675.pancake
Fall leaf pancakes from I Am Baker
Now the idea of making a variety of colors for the pancakes seems like a lot of work, but how cute!  


Leaf piles from Mamas Like Me
These leaf piles are so easy, and they look delicious!  I like that my 4 year old, Grace, could easily help make them.  The recipe calls for Karo syrup, which is just corn syrup.  I was thinking of dropping in a little food coloring to see what happens!

These last two are more for the kiddos to eat than make, They could still help, but the recipes are a bit more complicated.


Leaf Cookies (8)-2
Autumn spiced fall leaf cookies from No Empty Chairs
I've made cookies like these before, and they are a little labor intensive.  The recipe is for brown sugar cookie dough.  Yum.


swirl effect fall leaf cookies
Fall leaf sugar cookies from Raising a Healthy Family

These fall leaf cookies are similar to the ones above, but you get to do a fun tie dye-like icing.  These too require a good bit of time and energy, but they look great!

Hope you found an idea to use for your family's fall fun!  
- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS