Pages

Little Ones Learning: Apple Foods!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013


What better way to teach your little one about the many uses of apples than to make some apple foods!  Here are some of awesome apple recipes that I'm sure kids and adults will love!:


Crockpot Applesauce fromWhat Megan's Making

Grace and I made this applesauce yesterday, and it was delicious!  The peeling and coring of the apples took a little time, but otherwise it was super easy.  I didn't have any apple cider or juice, so I just used water, and it worked out great.  We cooked in the crockpot for 4 hours, and it smelled so good!

[IMG_2039.JPG]
Apple Tart from What Megan's Making


Yesterday was a busy apple cooking day, and I made this apple tart for dessert.  It was moderately easy and quite good!  I used the directions linked to Pioneer Woman Cooks (she's awesome!) because she has lots of pictures of the steps.  I tend to only skim directions, which can be a bad thing sometimes.  I missed the part about the brown sugar/lemon mixture running a little, so my house smelled like burnt sugar for awhile!  Oops!  Definitely use a baking sheet with a lip :).



Apple Cinnamon Pancakes from What Megan's Making

If you're not into cooking from scratch, a really easy version of this would be to mix in some cut up apples, applesauce, brown sugar, and cinnamon into pancake mix. Or maybe just pick a couple of those if you're short on ingredients.

These recipes I'll be trying later this week:

Apple Bread from Simply at Home Mom


Apple Spice Muffins from What Megan's Making


Easy Crockpot Apple Cider from The Frugal Girls

The apple cider in the crock put is supposed to make the house smell AMAZING!

Of course, it doesn't have to be complicated.  Here is an apple snack Grace saw in a book and was begging me to make.  How could I say no?  It was super easy.





If even that is too much for you, just eat your apples with some peanut butter!  The kids will appreciate even the simplest apple snack.

Thanks for visiting and God bless!
- Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS