Pages

Faithful Favorites #1

Thursday, April 3, 2014



I thought it might be fun to share some weekly inspiration and awesomeness that I've come across during my week.  Here are a few of my favorite things from this week:


Planting guides!

Germinating Guides
Cultivators Corner

This being the first spring that we are in our new house, we are very excited about getting a garden going.  These easy-to-read guides from Cultivators Corner tell the best temperatures for germinating lots of different veggies.  You can even print them right from the website.  Now I just need to find some info on growing fruits!


Stories to countdown to Easter!

This Lent, I've been pretty focused on teaching Grace all about Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.  A few weeks ago, a friend of mine sent me this pin on Pinterest from The True Confessions of Mrs. Olson:


countdown
12 Stories about Jesus
The True Confessions of Mrs. Olson

I like the way she used hands-on materials or created little activities to go with each major story of Jesus' life.  I may not do each one, but they sure give me a great jumping off point.


Prayer Boards

magnetic prayer board
Prayer Board
Dukes & Duchesses

This was one of my first finds when I joined Pinterest, and it has been on my to-do list ever since!  I really want to make a prayer board that can be displayed in our home as a daily reminder of prayer.  It's also a great way to recognize how our prayers have been answered.


The same friend who sent me the pin about the Jesus stories (above) also sent me this other version of a prayer board from Etsy that I love:
Prayers and Praises Chalkboard
Kijsa
Now I just have to actually get on making one!


Awesome Band

Back in February, I shared my Speak Life playlist, a list of songs that I've been listening to a lot that have positive lyrics and really move me.  

Four of the songs on the playlist are from Rend Collective Experiment, a folksy Christian band from Ireland, that reminds me of Mumford & Sons.  They just came out with a new album, called The Art of Celebration, and they tell about it in this video:



So good, right?!

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing/hearing about some of my favorite things this week.  And hopefully I will get on planting that garden and making my prayer board!

God bless, 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS