Pages

Catholic Family Meeting {Prep for Second Sunday of Easter / Divine Mercy Sunday - Cycle B}

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Easter!  I love that the Easter season continues for 50 days!  It gives me time to do all the fun Easter stuff that I haven't gotten time to do yet.

This week we are preparing for the second Sunday of Easter, which also happens to be Divine Mercy Sunday.  The gospel reading tells of Jesus appearing to the disciples after His resurrection.  One disciple is missing, and would not believe the others that they had really seen Jesus.  I think you know who I'm talking about...



When Jesus reveals himself again to the disciples, Thomas is present, and sees that Jesus really is alive.  Jesus says, "Have you come to believe because you have seen me?  Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." (John 20:29)

I would like to think that I am not a doubting Thomas.  I have been blessed to have an unwavering faith in God's existence for as long as I can remember.  When I wonder if I need proof of God's existence, I would be quick to answer "no".  But I realize that I do have proof of God's existence.  My beautiful children, the beauty and complex perfection of nature, my selfless husband, the lives of the saints, the good that can come out of a terrible loss...  

Do I only see the proof because I have faith?  Or do I have faith because I see the proof?  I'm not really sure.  But I do know that the more I grow in my faith through conscientious actions, the more proof I see around me.  The scriptures, 2000 years of church teaching, thousands of saints that show us the way...Thomas didn't have these things.  We are blessed to have them.  May we always stay strong in our faith!

mark924
Michaela Evanow

Here's this week's Catholic Family Meeting slideshow:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS