Pages

Catholic Family Meeting {Prep for Sunday, February 15}

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

This week's gospel continues the telling of Jesus' healings, this time of the leper.  

Too often, I take for granted that Jesus healed people, probably because I rarely imagine what the actual event would have been like.  But if I place myself in that time and place, where lepers were outcasts with no hope, I can begin to imagine how miraculous it would have been to see not only Jesus heal the leper, but also to touch him.  What a shocking and compassionate thing to do.  

I have to be sure that I do not grow complacent with stories of Jesus' healings and miracles.  I should never lose the amazement and shock that are warranted by what Jesus did and who Jesus was and still is.  This is what I want my children to gain and keep with them, so that's what I'm hoping to impart on them with this week's Catholic Family Meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS