Pages

Catholic Family Meeting {Prep for Sunday, January 18}

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening."

1 Samuel 3:9

Ahhh, I aspire to this quote!  

I wish I was better at listening to God.  

In this age of technology and busyness, God would have to scream in order to be heard in my head.  I realize that in recent years with constant access to internet, that I have turned myself into someone with a fear of boredom and self-created ADD.  

At the first moment of quiet, I don't usually think to be still or to pray, I think to fill it with the next thing on my to-do list or check Facebook or read up on the news...There is no end to the other things that I can fill up my "spare" time with. 

This week's gospel tells of John the Baptist recognizing Jesus as the "Lamb of God" and the first disciples following Jesus.  Can I truly be a disciple of God, if I can't quiet enough to truly listen to Him?

I'm resolving this week to learn how to be "bored" with the quiet moments and to allow God to tell me His will.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS