The Pharisees are again ready to trick Jesus into saying something for which them can arrest him. One of them asks, "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" (Matthew 22:36)
"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind. This is the greatest commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
My family had a very fruitful discussion about how we can love God and how we can love others. It can be hard in today's world to put God first. Our family is trying to put certain structures in place to help us be successful.
Here are some practical ways we are trying to love God first:
- Go to mass every Sunday
- Make Sunday a day of rest, God, and family
- Pray regularly throughout the day as a family (morning, meals, bedtime, etc)
- Pray the rosary as a family
- Have these weekly family meetings to read scripture and learn about God together
- Celebrate saint feastdays
- Read the bible at bedtime regularly
- Take part in adult bible study programs
- Spend time with other families from our church
Here is this week's family meeting slideshow:
Have a blessed week!