Pages

Celebrating He Who Gives Me Peace, Hope, and Joy

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

It is Christmas Eve.
We wait in anticipation to celebrate the birth 
of the most important person in human history.  
A man who was sent to save us.  
God in the flesh:

Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.


This Christmas, I reflect on the enormity of Christ's birth and how He has been at work in my life.  He is always with me, as He is with you.  I just have to answer his call and spend time with Him.  I will tell you, this has made all the difference in my life.  

It is through Him that I have found peace, even in the midst of the turmoil of daily life.  
It is through Him that I have hope each day, no matter the struggles I face.  
It is in Him that I have real contentment, not just fleeting happiness.  
It is through His example that I strive to serve others.  
It is because of His forgiveness that I can get up each day, despite my sins and failings, and strive to be holier.  
It is in Him that I trust that no matter what happens in this life, He will always be there.  



Pope Francis recently said:

"Christmas, the nativity of Jesus, (is) a feast of trust and hopewhich overcomes uncertainty and pessimism.  The earth is no longer a vale of tears.  It is the place where God himself raised a tent, the place of God's encounter with man, of God's solidarity with men." [emphasis mine]

Amen to that.


 I hope that you too will find the peace, hope, and joy of Jesus this Christmas.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS